The National Science and Technology Medals Foundation (NSTMF) is a non-profit with the goal of building inclusive STEM communities across the United States. Fundamental to these communities are the significant, inspirational connections we foster between the individuals who have received national recognition for excellence in STEM and today’s diverse generation of college and high school students.
As part of this goal of building connections between STEM professionals and college students, NSTMF set up a two-day event on the Georgia Tech campus that featured a networking event for STEM professionals and students in the biotech industry and a fireside chat with industry professionals.
NSTMF needed to get the word out about the networking event and fireside chat and wanted to appeal to both students and people already employed in the biotech industry. Their ultimate goal was to drive signups and attendance for both events, with an extremely quick turnaround time (only 8 business days before the event).
- Create a Facebook and Instagram campaign to drive sign-ups, consisting of ads on both platforms along with boosted posts on Facebook.
- Target these campaigns not only to the correct geographic area but also to users that fit the correct demographic (college and industry professionals interested in STEM, biotech, and networking).
Facebook & Instagram ad campaign
- Drove 94,896 ad placements
- Drove 2,666 clicks to the website
- Achieved a click-through rate of 2.8%, over four times the average CTR for Facebook ads
Facebook boosted posts
- Drove 6,621 post views and 62 clicks at a cost of only $48
With an exceptionally tight turnaround time, E11 was able to create a paid social media campaign that successfully drove a large number of highly-qualified leads to the NSTMF website, resulting in a successful, well-attended event.